Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I have a Megane 3 2009 radio display comes on dashboard I can see all stations but no sound
Was hoping it’s a common fault or easy fix?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,701 Posts
do you get any clicking or static from the speakers when the head unit is turned on?

·
7,701 Posts
unfortunatley if all the speakers are registering no sound what so ever when the stereo is turned on, it sounds like the AMP has gone inside the stereo, which will allow all the ancillary functions to work, but you get no sound

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunatley if all the speakers are registering no sound what so ever when the stereo is turned on, it sounds like the AMP has gone inside the stereo, which will allow all the ancillary functions to work, but you get no sound
.....yes looks like a new stereo on the cards

·
7,701 Posts
if you go for a direct replacment of a renault stereo, make sure the supplier also provides you with the 4 digit unlock code or you can follow this tutorial I wrote - Tutorial - Install New Head Unit Keeping Steering Wheel Controls Alive - and fit an after market stereo keeping your satellite controls functioning.

but before you go spending any money - remove one of the speakers from the door, get a normal 9v battery and with some speaker wire, connect the negative and positive terminal to the terminals on the speaker, if the speaker cone moves ( it will only move one way and once - so keep looking at it) then the speaker is fine, if it does not move try another speaker and keep going, you may have blown all your speakers instead of the stereo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you go for a direct replacment of a renault stereo, make sure the supplier also provides you with the 4 digit unlock code or you can follow this tutorial I wrote - Tutorial - Install New Head Unit Keeping Steering Wheel Controls Alive - and fit an after market stereo keeping your satellite controls functioning.

but before you go spending any money - remove one of the speakers from the door, get a normal 9v battery and with some speaker wire, connect the negative and positive terminal to the terminals on the speaker, if the speaker cone moves ( it will only move one way and once - so keep looking at it) then the speaker is fine, if it does not move try another speaker and keep going, you may have blown all your speakers instead of the stereo
Cheers for the info will definitely give that a go....once this lockdown is over!
Thanks again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok I sourced a new radio off eBay bargain at £25 and works perfect so I’m guessing it was the amp gone on the old unit
Pointing out where to get radio codes is against forum rules...deleted(y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts