Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I had my megane purchased a few months back from a private individual. When buying the car radio did not work, but the person told me it will be just fuse, and can be fixed easily.

After buying the car, I checked the 10A radio fuse (based on location specified in the manual) in the fuse box located inside the glove box. it looked OK, but still replaced a new one, but the radio still does not turn ON.

After reading the post, I disconnected the battery and reconnected it after couple of minutes, but still the radio is dead.

Few weeks back, I took the radio out as well, and checked the power supply with the multi meter and found there is no power coming up in the radio line.

Not sure how would I diagnose why there is no power in the line coming to radio.
Can I extend the 12v socket to provide power to the radio?
how can I trace the radio power line fault?

Any help will ne greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Velan

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
if you have a multimeter, take the fuse out and see if there is power at the fuse, if there isnt you can rule out the radio look straight away, if there is power, well you know its between the fuse box and radio, there is your starter for 10

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
with or without electric parking brake,,?
which fuse have you tested?
5 columns of fuses.... 3rd column = 3rd and 4th fuse down,,
5th column, = 8th fuse down.. ALL cover audio system..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with or without electric parking brake,,?
which fuse have you tested?
5 columns of fuses.... 3rd column = 3rd and 4th fuse down,,
5th column, = 8th fuse down.. ALL cover audio system..
Hi, sorry for the late reply. It was with parking brake On. The manual only shows only 1 fuse for radio fuse number 16. Attaching the picture from the manual. The fuse box in the car does not 100% match the fuse diagram in the manual though so there could be a chance I have looked at in correct fuse. If you are aware of the radio fuse and can upload a picture of it from the fuse box it will be a great help.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
Check the 3 fuses I have mentioned...
Was asking if its a normal handbrake or an electric hand brake,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts