Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all - i have one through all the threads but couldnt find a proper solution. i have a Renault Megane Estate 2010 and all of a sudden the radiosat decided to stop working, only the time is visible on the satnav display, radio dont come on or satnav. First thing i did was check the fuse in the glove compartment but realised there is no 10A fuse in the fuse holder as the fuse is located behind the stereo. so i took it to my local garage and they dont know what the issue is. The fuse behind the radio is actually fine, no problem with it and no need to replace, and all the wires look fine. does anyone know what the issue is and what needs to be done? am i looking in the wrong place? i have the standard radiosat classic bluetooth system.
could the unit be faulty, if so, anyone know where i can buy a replacement?
help and advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
08 MK3 Clio 1.4 16v
44 Posts
HI all - i have one through all the threads but couldnt find a proper solution. i have a Renault Megane Estate 2010 and all of a sudden the radiosat decided to stop working, only the time is visible on the satnav display, radio dont come on or satnav. First thing i did was check the fuse in the glove compartment but realised there is no 10A fuse in the fuse holder as the fuse is located behind the stereo. so i took it to my local garage and they dont know what the issue is. The fuse behind the radio is actually fine, no problem with it and no need to replace, and all the wires look fine. does anyone know what the issue is and what needs to be done? am i looking in the wrong place? i have the standard radiosat classic bluetooth system.
could the unit be faulty, if so, anyone know where i can buy a replacement?
help and advice much appreciated.
Did you check the fuses in the fuse box?

Fuse 16 in the fuse box is the radio, check this link to know how to find it:

The radio can be found on ebay or at car-scrapyards or some other website found by google :) . renault 7649167391

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The radio can be found on ebay or at car-scrapyards or some other website found by google :) . renault 7649167391
thanks for this, but i have checked this already. Ther is no fuse in slot 16, i did research and found out that the fuse is attached at the back of the radio and not the normal slot in the fuse box. its starnge that the satnav screen has power, and only displays the time, but the actual radio itself has no power to it.

·
Registered
08 MK3 Clio 1.4 16v
44 Posts
thanks for this, but i have checked this already. Ther is no fuse in slot 16, i did research and found out that the fuse is attached at the back of the radio and not the normal slot in the fuse box. its starnge that the satnav screen has power, and only displays the time, but the actual radio itself has no power to it.
Sorry, somehow i did not read that.:rolleyes::LOL:

Did you try measuring the wires that should power the radio, with a multimeter?
If it has power, then yes, probably the radio is broken.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Did you try measuring the wires that should power the radio, with a multimeter?
you would think thats one of the first things i should do :)..nope. need to find my multimeter and try it. if its not powering, i assume its time to either replace like for like or get a new system in place. then again, i am selling in 6 months! thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
08 MK3 Clio 1.4 16v
44 Posts

you would think thats one of the first things i should do :)..nope. need to find my multimeter and try it. if its not powering, i assume its time to either replace like for like or get a new system in place. then again, i am selling in 6 months! thanks for the advice.
i would replace it if its broken, makes it easier to sell.. I remember when looking for a clio, i came across a clio with a broken radio, broken display.. I was kinda turned off by it honestly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts