Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2000 Renault Clio Alize LHD with a renault CD Radio player. The FM radio works fine when going in a straight line but when you turn the wheel to the right (towards the stereo) it cuts out the radio until you straighten the wheel again.

This is most odd and doesn't happen as much when the car is going v.v.v.slowly.

I have searched the forums but cannot find anyone else that has had this problem. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Sounds like the wiring to the radio remote on the steering column is damaged or being trapped. You'll need to remove the steering cowl for a looksee.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I took the cowl off and inspected all the wires but everything seemed fine. I then tested it with the cd player and the cd player had stopped working totally. So I took out the stereo and found my daughter had been posting coins into the cd player. Took them out and now everything works fine. I think one of the coins was shorting something out when you turned to the right.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Thanks for the update Richard - glad you got it sorted.

Yeh young kids do have a tendency to push coins into the any slot they find - when my lad was young he was notorious for posting small coins and sweets into seat belt buckles.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts