Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there tell me an easy way of getting my volume up/down controls working again - or how do I get the satellite unit apart to clean the contacts, please?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums BillSalmon.

I'm sure a Member will be able to assist with your post shortly who is more familiar with your Model than I .

Regards Ottoman

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi BillSalmon

Does it look like the one in this link below ?

Remote control stalk for stereo

If it is i would not be tempted to dismantle it instead try a scrap yard for the remote control as long as the year is 2000 or later it will swap straight into yours.

Hope this helps.

:) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radio Volume controls

Hi,
Its the more square shaped one - though I guess they're much the same inside - so how to remove it from the car to fit a new one?

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi BillSalmon

It is held on with one bolt from behind (next to the cable in the picture) the other end of the cable plugs into the back of the radio display on the dashboard.

:) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Laguna II audio controls

Thanks, Glenda, in fact the MkII is much easier, as I found when I played with it.
Remove shroud around steering column (star type screws) then the controls are held on by a small screw & the cable is plugged in alongside. Once removed the front cover of the unit comes off, then the rubbery piece, clean the contacts with swich cleaner or similar (WD40 might degrade the rubber if you don't wipe it all off) hey presto the unit works again!
Think the forum is great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts