Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

When I plug the USB into the car lighter to charge the mobile, the radio becomes interfered with.

Has anyone ever had this problem?
Its a Renault clio.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
3,051 Posts
Yes. It’s the cheap and nasty charger. They are poorly made and generate RF which is picked up by the radio. I have experienced this myself and know first hand.

I have now bought a quality USB charger plug made my Anker. It has three outlets. I have my TomTom, my dashcam and my wireless mobile charging cradle in use at the same time. No issues with the output power or radio interference.

Reactions: DGoncalves

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had this on my Citroen berlingo van
Every time I plugged in a item to charge the radio signal disappeared
You could unplug it and the radio signal would come back
Also If the items were fully charged the radio would work ok it was only when a item was drawing power to charge that the signal would stop

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. It’s the cheap and nasty charger. They are poorly made and generate RF which is picked up by the radio. I have experienced this myself and know first hand.

I have now bought a quality USB charger plug made my Anker. It has three outlets. I have my TomTom, my dashcam and my wireless mobile charging cradle in use at the same time. No issues with the output power or radio interference.
thank you for your help, I will buy another one for sure. Going to have a look on the one you had mentioned.

thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Wallace i bought the 2 ports because the 3ports wasnt available..around 10£, and it is very good, and yes, theres no interference at all, totally recommended. Thank you

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
3,051 Posts
My pleasure. Glad that it is sorted for you, and hopefully others that find this thread.

Reactions: DGoncalves
1 - 6 of 6 Posts