Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Renault Clio 2013 series, have had it since last September, it has now started to intermittently beep, it seems to be when I go round a bend or corner, but it doesn't happen all the time. There is no warning light or message appearing. Some days it doesn't happen at all, other days it happens on the whole journey or part of. Very confusing and I can't find anything in the handbook to help. Any pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
ESP warning if going to fast and loosing traction?

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
2013 car ...is it 4yrs old yet if not could be under warranty still ..if so speak to a Renault dealer get a diagnostic check

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, checked oil and brake fluid, oil fine, but brake fluid low, topped it up, drove to work this morning, no beeping, so fingers crossed that's solved it. Cheers

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,050 Posts
That's it then.
(Or I'd be surprised if not)
When you corner, fluid sloshes about and triggers beep.

Now to find why low level ??
Any sign of fluid on floor where you normally park?
Wet inside wheels or inner wall of tyres.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, thanks for response, not noticed any fluid where I park or on wheels or tyres, but will keep an eye on it now I know, and any signs like this, or if it appears low again, I'll take it and get it checked out, many thanks.

·
22,708 Posts
Think all Renaults are hydraulic now???? but then if fluid that low would you not notice when using clutch ?

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
Think all Renaults are hydraulic now???? but then if fluid that low would you not notice when using clutch ?
NO, One common Filler, with Independant chambers & a float level sensor on the brake side.
I changed my brake fluid by siphon, without disturbing clutch side.
May not be a leak BTW, just calipers filling as disc pads wear down.

·
22,708 Posts
Last car I had with hydraulic clutch /brake issue was a Nissan Bluebird and I lost clutch ..

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,764 Posts
Should allow one or the other to work if fluid level gets too low...
If clutch hydraulics fails still need brakes, if brakes fail, still need clutch to use gearbox to slowly bring car to a stop, if you can:|
>:)>:)>:)>:)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,050 Posts
Deffo two chambers.....
And I'll confess to similar problem, random beep when cornering......Mine flashed the stop light as well but doesn't lock it on so easy to miss.
Leaking back caliper in my case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts