Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,050 Posts
Dunno specifically but many modern cars have inbuilt rev limiters.
Usually need to go some way past red line to bring it on.

If you have, I'm impressed with a DCI.
I reckoned the red line was simply a target that was unattainable.

Any particular reason for the question?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno specifically but many modern cars have inbuilt rev limiters.
Usually need to go some way past red line to bring it on.

If you have, I'm impressed with a DCI.
I reckoned the red line was simply a target that was unattainable.

Any particular reason for the question?
Because I've looked it up and have found some videos of the Clio 2 with a rev limiter, but the video I found was on a 75, whereas mine is a 65. I've revved the beans out of it, but am kinda scared to go past 4 1/4K revs as I'd rather not face the consequences of over revving it. I have been driving it fairly hard lately, I've gotten really close to it's apparent top speed of 160kmh (was at 155) so I don't know about rev limiter

·
22,050 Posts
Don't honestly know mate.
Though by the sound of it, you are trying to find out. :grin2:

High revs generally do not hurt an engine.
Repeated redlining it will risk early failure
Sustained revs into the red line is most likely to cause damage.
Or ridiculous over revs through down shifting early.
The latter will beat a rev limiter BTW.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,764 Posts
Have just read his other thread,,,
O/P can you buy these engines cheap in Malta...
They go bang fairly easy.. Your ecu should save it, but not always...
Seriously think about what D.D. has written.....
Before its :crying2:

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eh, not really trying to find out, but lately been a bit reckless through depression and other issues, so I've lowered the value of my own life at the cost of speed.

·
22,050 Posts
That ain't good either mate.

And this is not from a holier then thou attitude, I had a love (and still do) of pushing motors to their limits.
Had I have had some of my later motors when I was younger, I'd have killed myself.
Tried hard enough even when older. :wink2:

Play and enjoy.
But please think of yourself, others and what the car is capable of.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Only when I'm alone on the road mate, I'm not that reckless.

IE past 1AM
Yes but wee Johnny fell out with his Mrs and is walking down the road in dark clothing did you ...sorry to late you never saw him

"any fool can drive fast but lets see them stop it "

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes but wee Johnny fell out with his Mrs and is walking down the road in dark clothing did you ...sorry to late you never saw him

"any fool can drive fast but lets see them stop it "
Well, if he's walking on the "freeway" by the airport, then it's a bit strange to be walking there.

To be honest, after 10PM, I could walk the entire circumference of Malta in the middle of the road, and if 10 cars passed by me, it'd be a lot.

I remember when I was with my last lady (the one I'm trying to get back, mind you) I would leave her house and cross the bypass to the bus station with my eyes closed. Not a single car went by ever.

·
22,708 Posts
Well, if he's walking on the "freeway" by the airport, then it's a bit strange to be walking there
Might of missed a flight or refused on a flight due to drink ...always expect the unexpected ..
people appear in the strangest places ...I can guarantee you that

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Might of missed a flight or refused on a flight due to drink ...always expect the unexpected ..
people appear in the strangest places ...I can guarantee you that
I invite you, if you ever come to Malta, come on a drive with me and you'll see what I mean.

Not many people take a walk by the runway, especially seeing as the road curves and goes behind the end of the runway where the plane is only about 30 feet above you.

·
22,708 Posts
I invite you, if you ever come to Malta, come on a drive with me and you'll see what I mean.

Not many people take a walk by the runway, especially seeing as the road curves and goes behind the end of the runway where the plane is only about 30 feet above you.
Now its from nobody to not many ....
let you into a secret I have held a skull together holding someones brain in their head(as they died) on the morning of my oldests 3rd birthday at about 1am ...as i was doing this a young driver was in the background screaming I drive this road everynight and nobody walks down here ....that person driving has never driven since and is a shadow of a man he could've been

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now its from nobody to not many ....
let you into a secret I have held a skull together holding someones brain in their head(as they died) on the morning of my oldests 3rd birthday at about 1am ...as i was doing this a young driver was in the background screaming I drive this road everynight and nobody walks down here ....that person driving has never driven since and is a shadow of a man he could've been
That'll affect me from now until the day I take my last breath.
Thanks for the eye opener mate.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts