Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, got the rattle that sounds like its in the dash, so assumed it to be the airbox, problem is ive put a few self tappers in the flange and all seems secure now but still got rattle??? any ideas?? please help its drivin me crazy!! i have to drive everywhere with cd on loud... its only between 1200-1800rpm and fine on tick over or in situ so hard to trace.. want to avoid main dealer at all costs..any help much appreciated... thanks spencer ps car is 02 laguna dci

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
The airbox is in the engine compartment between the engine air filter and air intake pipe for the engine so it won't be that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was a recall by renault crap fitting intake pipe vibrated through to the dash, common problem but fixed mine but still got rattle...cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi mate if youve got air con then the pipes for the air con gas touch the heater box where they come through the bulk head.to cure this the dash has to come out and a cover taken off the pipes,then foam is wrapped around the pipes,making sure that no metal to metal or metal to plastic contact is made.i have carried out this repair a couple of times and it always works.it normally takes about 4 to5 hours and no special tools are needed.hope this helps.:)

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
My lag had an easier dash rattle to fix...

...turned out to be the speaker in the dash - part of the set-up ready for a phone kit!

Removed the speaker and all was silent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for the replys, the speaker you mention , is that the one behind the glove box??? thx spencer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all. My Lag just started what I would call a dash vibration, but only occurrs at approx 1500rpm and only when driving/ moving off...Is it a good possibility that it is the air con pipes as mentioned in this thread and is there a quicker temporary fix than dash out???? If so what do I do???? Also the radio cover vibrates when shut and car ticking over, any fixes for that please? Many thanks all....:):)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all. My Lag just started what I would call a dash vibration, but only occurrs at approx 1500rpm and only when driving/ moving off...Is it a good possibility that it is the air con pipes as mentioned in this thread and is there a quicker temporary fix than dash out???? If so what do I do???? Also the radio cover vibrates when shut and car ticking over, any fixes for that please? Many thanks all....:):)
Cured it, yay!!!! Turned out to be air-con pipe too close to o/s/suspension turret, so at 1500rpm ish was just enough to make pipe vibrate against bodywork. Some thin packing foam installed and noise has now gone. See picture of offending area....

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts