Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help. I have loud rattle through from the dash normally when moving off and when engine labouring around town. Fine when up into 4th and 5th.
It sounds as if its coming from the dash just through from steering wheel. Very annoying. Has anyone any ideas ????:mad:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
shudder

does the car shudder when you press your start button and at the bitting point on the clutch . if so get your top engine steady bar mounting checked out and the engine mountings they tend to go go my steady bar was away and did the exact same , fine now good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same. Just had the car back from Renault after a cambelt change and service. Had them look at the vibration issue - usual 'can't replicate the fault'. Not hard to replicate - drove it onto the forecourt this morning with vibration, drove it off with same vibration - maybe it was playing 'nice' for the dealer!

I also get a bit of a hard clunk when I start the engine - assumed it was an engine mount - had the same symptoms in a Clio a few years ago.

Is the steady bar located at the top right of the engine? Near (what I assume) is the MAP sensor?

Roughly how much for the part? Would appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
steady

I will take a pic of it tomorrow and post it on , its on the left side just sticking out of the engine cover easy to see but you cant change them on your own , dealer has to jack engine up easy for them .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Larsson - I think it is the one you are talking about, but a picture is worth a thousand words they say!!! The mount I think it is, is secured by three bolts - with a triangular base (strangely enough with a spot of yellow spray paint on it!).

Think I might go back to the dealership and invite the Service Manager to sit in the passenger seat whilst I demonstrate!!

Do you have any idea of how much it cost you to get it replaced - or did you have it done under warranty?

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
bar

Hi there i got it done just after i bought the car they said there was nothing wrong , after 6 visits they renewed the engine mounts still the same and they said it was ok , so went to another dealer and a mechanic spotted the problem right away , i got it under my warrenty from the dealer . not sure how much they cost but i could tell the difference when it was fixed .

i have enclosed a pic , let me know how you get on .

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts