Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Ladies,
Got an annoying rattle coming from behind the instrument cluster in my Lag I, it seems okay when I drive in a sensible manner but on the odd times when we do the traffic light take off it starts then at high revs. No problem in removing the pod as I've done it before to change a bulb, but I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what it might be, I'm thinking speedo cable at the moment but I've seen all the wiring and bits behind there so any help would be very nice. :)
Regards Leroy

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris but it's definately behind the instrument cluster, had the old mechanics stethoscope on the glass of the instrument cluster while a friend was driving and it's definately coming from there. I'll be dismembering it tomorrow so I'll post back as to the findings.
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello Leroy.:)

There is no speedo cable as the dial is run electronically and I don't know of any common causes of a rattle behind the dash......it'll be interesting to hear about what you find.:).Maybe it is actually a rattlesnake stuck in the heater vents!.If it is,don't call me to get it out!:d

Good luck.:)

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Laggy, will report back tomorrow:d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts