Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just changed the battery on my Renault Scenic (1999) Everytime I drive off all the doors lock any ideas please it's driving me nuts!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re Mystery Locking.

Have just changed the battery on my Renault Scenic (1999 petrol) and everytime I drive off the doors all lock. Any ideas it's driving me mad!!!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Hi, mine does this but i set it up when i got the car, it locks the doors and boot when you start driving over 6mph think its an anti hi-jack so as doors cannot be opened from outside but can open as normal from inside. I set mine by holding the central locking button for several seconds and it beeps loudly think you have to do this when stationary with engine off.

Hopefully someone will post with a few more details. I have gotten used to this now and dont even hear it lock. Just remember if you stop to pick someone up you will need to press the unlock button for them to get in!

Dave

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Hi, mine does this but i set it up when i got the car, it locks the doors and boot when you start driving over 6mph think its an anti hi-jack so as doors cannot be opened from outside but can open as normal from inside. I set mine by holding the central locking button for several seconds and it beeps loudly think you have to do this when stationary with engine off.

Hopefully someone will post with a few more details. I have gotten used to this now and dont even hear it lock. Just remember if you stop to pick someone up you will need to press the unlock button for them to get in!

Dave

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Agree with Dave..
from the manual

To Activate....with the ignition on, press central door locking button for about 5 seconds, until two beeps are heard.

To Deactivate it...With the ignition on, press the central locking door button for about 5 seconds until one beep is heard.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
duplicate post I think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts