Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 1998 megane coupe. 1.6 sport in the standard blue colour. was thinking of a full re-spray. been looking at aventa blue. ( same colour as the vxr) what you think? am open to any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
If you got the money then go ahead I'd say! I was quoted nearly £1k 5 years ago to fully respray a Rover 214 :eek:

Isn't Arden Blue the VXR colour though?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, do you mean this colour? Arden Blue (12U)

A cheaper option for you would be to get the car vinyl wrapped, plus it will normally take less than a day to convert. You also have the option to change it back if you wish.

Just a thought,

Paul

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Paul has a good idea there regarding the vinyl wrapping but this is not a permanent deal as the vinyl is only supposed to last a few years I believe!

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
You do get different 'qualities' 5-7 years being the normal strength used.

Bearing in mind that the car is 13 years old, that should be sufficient to outlive the car.

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah its the vxr blue. really like the colour. my mates dad owns his own spray painting garage and said he would do a full re-spray for £450 plus paint. so looking about £600. which is quite good a thought. i have seen his work and know its good, didnt want to go right cheap because the cheaper you go the worse off the paint job is. he would usually take £1000 without paint. so hopefully by the end of this year it will be a different colour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts