Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Brought myself an 06 grand scenic 1.6 petrol in january for a reasonable (i think) £9k. Liking it apart from a really annoying rattling dashboard.

I know its still under warranty but don't want to look a plank at dealers complaining about something that is just a niggle.

I think its just where the plastic surround around the centre console rubs and vibrated against rest of dash - if i hold it, it stops.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
can you not slide the centre consul back a bit so that it is not touching the dash?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi all,

Brought myself an 06 grand scenic 1.6 petrol in january for a reasonable (i think) £9k. Liking it apart from a really annoying rattling dashboard.

I know its still under warranty but don't want to look a plank at dealers complaining about something that is just a niggle.

I think its just where the plastic surround around the centre console rubs and vibrated against rest of dash - if i hold it, it stops.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Hi,

Yes the Squeaks and rattles are a right pain, Yes return to your dealership and get them to resolve the problem.

The location you mention is well known to cause rattles on some Scenic IIs

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
have I misunderstood what the centre consul is?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
As the others have said, get it back to the dealer, it's known problem. After a while they'll probably refuse to sort it, so let them know early.
Luckily mine hasn't developed this rattle ......... yet :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts