Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with a Renault 5 1996 1.4 with single point injection not starting. Got a good spark at the plugs, got fuel going in and out of the carb from the fuel lines with pressure. Was running ok but now won't start. Checked the TDC crankshaft sensor and cleaned it, that seems ok and all I get is a chuff from the carb when I crank it over.
I also noticed it has a what looks like a fuel cut off switch by the perculator with a white and purple wire with a black screw in or out switch and not sure if it should be in or out and cannot find anything in the Pains (sorry) Haynes Manual There are 2 vacuum pipes one coming from the carb and one going returning the tank. Haven’t found a fuel pump relay as yet as not in the engine but have just heard that it my be behind the fuse box under some carpet?

I have tried easy start and fuel down the throttle body but still won’t fire up so

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.

Sadly I cannot find a Renault 5 Owners website on google apart from Renault Turbo Owners which is a good site

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Hi does yours have a coil pack or leads have a look a these for sighns of wear, also try cleaning the crank sensor on the bell housing too hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts