Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

our car started constantly stalling recently, (does it more when cold, but still does it occasionally when stopped at a junction) I've checked in the forums and I think I have come to conclusion that it is the TDC sensor, but I just wanted some confirmation, and help locating the sensor if possible please?

This is what is happening to the car (sorry about the music, forgot to turn the radio off)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOUVBx6OpsA&feature=youtu.be

also if I try and hold the revs at say 1100 the engine revs and slows on its own by about 200-300RPM on its own.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,629 Posts
It's always worth checking. On yours, you may need to take the battery & it's mount off to see it. Just below the thermostat housing between engine & gearbox.
Whilst the battery is off, have a look at the throttle body, check for leaks & clean (search too). Also check for dodgy wiring, damp, corrosion etc on the PCB beneath the battery mount.
Other "experts" may be along soon.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never did come back to this - sorry - I picked up a second hand throttle body and swapped it over (after giving it a good going over with lighter fluid and a toothbrush) and it seemed to have sorted the problem!

Thanks.

Karl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts