Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm about to change my brakes all around and need to shed some light onto which caliper piston rewind tool is suitable for my car. My car is a Renault Scenic DCI (2002 reg).

First of all, do I need to buy the left hand thread tool or the right hand thread tool :confused: - I haven't been able to find the answer just yet.

Another question I wanted to ask you is which piston rewind tool do I need to buy - there are quite a few on ebay to choose from.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hi Scenic_Dci and welcome :)

This should do the job, same as I just used on our 51 plate Scenic ;) They do them in Halfords if you can't wait for delivery :)

Front pistons should be push backs and the rears will be clockwise wind backs!

I assume you know the rear discs are inclusive of both wheel bearing and ABS ring (if applicable)? This means you'll also need the right sized socket to remove the hub nut and also will need two new hub nuts to replace the old one's with!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scatz, many thanks for the info. I've ordered a complete set of front and rear brake discs with pads. Popped into the local Renault dealer yesterday and ordered the correct bits as well.

Many thanks for the info once again. I just hope it doesn't rain over the weekend :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
No problem, if the weather up your way is anything like it's been down this way then it will rain :rofl: I've got two oil changes to do, gotta sort my front brakes on the Subaru and got some engine mods to do and I've been trying to do all of these things for the last 'I dunno' how many weeks because the darned weather can't make it's mind up :rolleyes:

If you are intending on bleeding the system you may find it easier to do this whilst the rear calipers are off as the bleed screw is a right PITA to access when everything is in situ.........however, you'd need to suck the fluid thru (if that's possible) if you were to do it this way as you wouldn't be able to pump the peddle for obvious reasons! It is possible in situ but if you have a stiff bleed screw, like I did, then it's a real PITA!

I wish you luck :rofl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts