Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I know brake light threads appear regularly, however here goes.

I have a megane dynamique 1.6 on 02 plate. The rear brake lights do not show when braking although the central boot lid light does work. I checked the lighting pod and found that there is no 12v supply to the lamps on either side when brakes are applied. I've checked out the fuse, that's ok.All other lights at the rear work fine.

Any suggestions as to where to look next?

Thanks in advance

Paul

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Paul, As far as I remember the power supply to the brake lights is one source with all the feeds to the lamps teed-off. You say you are gettting no power to the pods but have you checked power is going to the connectors (the ones that clip on to the pods) It is quite common for the circuitry in the base of the pods to go faulty and if one is duff the feed to the other can fail.:)
Keeep us posted on your progress or lack thereof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Paul, As far as I remember the power supply to the brake lights is one source with all the feeds to the lamps teed-off. You say you are gettting no power to the pods but have you checked power is going to the connectors (the ones that clip on to the pods) It is quite common for the circuitry in the base of the pods to go faulty and if one is duff the feed to the other can fail.:)
Keeep us posted on your progress or lack thereof.
The final solution was......

There is a plug located behind the boot lining on the off-side wing. This had worked its way loose, one push and the lights came back.

many thanks to all those who contributed

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i have exactly the same problem as you had... we have had a look at the wiring and cant see anything not connected, plugged in or loose. Could you possibly give us a more detailed descripition of how you solved your problem? That would be really apprieciated, thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts