Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

first of all thanks to all who helped add all the grate info and images on this site WOW good stuff.

right lets get down to bissness i have just changed the rear pads on my wifes scenic 2 with grate difficulty the problem i now have is the brakes dont feel the same they are far to light i fallowed one of the manny grate guides on this site i also spent 20 min pumping the peddle no joy will stifen up for a min then gos all lose agen what do i do next was working fine before i tuched it lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry if you mean is there ware on the discs then yes but not a grate deal it is more the brake peddle is not a stiff or furm as it was as if i can not get the same presher in the brake systom as i once did

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
If theres a ridge on the the edges of the discs then you will need to drive it to get the new pads to make full contact with them.You need to be very careful though,obviously the brakes won't work 100% until they have bed-in properly.

If that still doesn't sort the situation then you may have damaged the seals in the master cylinder (did you remove the reservoir cap before pushing the pistons back in?.).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If theres a ridge on the the edges of the discs then you will need to drive it to get the new pads to make full contact with them.You need to be very careful though,obviously the brakes won't work 100% until they have bed-in properly.

If that still doesn't sort the situation then you may have damaged the seals in the master cylinder (did you remove the reservoir cap before pushing the pistons back in?.).

thanks for all your help mate but in the end in just set the thing on fire !! kiddin it turend out i had some how got air in the rear lh calliper ? not goin to admit i know how. bled the lh one only and bingo works perfict. set out at 10am got in and sat down 10pm had the wheels off 3 times whats a loser :loser: thanks for all the help tho this is a good form well done to all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.