Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.8 16v Sport has ABS and rear drum brakes. Now about 6 or 7 years ago, I had a MK3 Astra 2.0i Convertible, which also had the same setup.

Now, with the Vauxhall system, it was very easy to convert, even with cars fitted with ABS. It was a simple matter of unbolting the brake unions, unhooking the handbrake cable, unclipping the ABS sensor, unbolting the stub axels and refitting using an ABS equiped rear disk brake stub axel setup. It was all compatible and was complete retro fit, meaning no modifications needed, other than fitting a different handbrake cable (for Astras with rear disks) and slight manipulation of brakelines so that the mentioned unions located correctly into the calipers.

Can this same principle be applied to the Laguna 1? Do the rear stub axels unbolt and could I fit the rear setup from the 2.0 16v ABS (if these of course come with rear disks).....still not all that clued up on Renaults yet as this is my first one.

Any info welcome.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi funky - don't know if its possible with the car you mention - maybe try posting under the "brakes" section of this forum may get a better response.
P.S. It may be wise to ask your insurers first before trying anything like this - otherwise you may have no cover - a bit pointlesss having a brilliant set of brakes and no insurance Eh What What!!:rofl:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
One thing to watch is that some of the higher powered Lag 1's came with 5 stud wheels.I'm not sure that you can get four stud rear discs......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts