Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my Lag2 the rear door handle is slightly loose near the lock side? not the handle itself but the fixing
i can push the rear of the handle in but it springs right back (only by about 4mm)

my question is how is this pulled into the door? is it a screw that can only be accessed from the inside?

any help greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, I've had a few door trims off (fixing dents), I would certainly believe there would be a backing plate whereby the handle is bolted onto. Knowing Renault (who seem to have a thing for torx bolts), you will probably need a selection for removing the door trim, and for tightening up the loose bolt. You may also want a flexible drive attachment, as there may not be sufficient clearance to use a more conventional method.

I wouldn't let it get worse before tackling this, if the bolt comes away entirely, you'll have a handle scraping the paint, and you'll be hunting around the bottom of the door to find the bolt.

Paul:)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
No probs, let us know how you fare.

Try to avoid using it until then.

Best of luck.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I presume you mean the seals inside (behind) the door trim? They are held on by mastic, and can be re-seated once you have gained access and performed the adjustment.

I would try to disturb as little as possible, but check the following for torx screw fittings to get the door trim off;
door pull (one under a small flap)
door latch (one under a small flap) - this then gets fed through the trim.
door trim surround (on the scenic there's one at the very bottom - so have a good check over before trying to remove).

Hope that helps - don't be put off, its quite straightforward if you proceed in a methodical manner (give yourself around an hour to do this though - you don't want to be rushed).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts