Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone can help me. The rear door on my wifes laguna 2 has stopped working withthe key card. All otyher doors still work. The door that wont work will lock with the internal lock all doors button. If we use the dead bolt option located on the door using a screwdriver (where you would enable the child lock the door locks. If we want to open the door we need to use the internal handle of that door once we have release the internal lock all doors button.
This I think means that central locking to that door is partly working??

regards

Fethers

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
The screws on the back of the door control the door locking, not the child locks on a Lag 2. AFAIK, the child locks are totally electronic on the 2 and controlled with the switch below the electric windows on the driver's door handle.

I'm guessing all the child lock on a Lag2 does is enable the 'deadlock' on the rear doors, thus disengaging the internal handle, so it's difficult to tell if the central locking servo on that door is actually working at all. Normally the doors can be opened from the inside whether locked or not.

My rear N/S door will lock, but not unlock with the central locking - if I open it from the inside, it remains unlocked for the external or internal handle from there on. If this is not the case with yours, I'd look at the exterior handle linkage, as suggested. If it does, then you're in the same mystery boat as me :(

·
Administrator
14,797 Posts
I had this kind of problem with my Megane! I fixed it by taking out and spraying the door switch with wd40! It seemed to help as I have had no problems since!! :d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.