Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, i own a 1997 megane scenic rt which is fine except for the o/s/r door won't open as it wont unlock, it tries to as the button moves up slightly with the rest of the doors via the central locking but not enough.

Can anyone shine any light on this problem as it's obviously limiting the access to the car and is becoming frustrating !!

many thanks...................

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem too. Stripped the door fascia to reveal rods for the handle and the lock. very difficult to locate lock as access is tight so i am left with an useless door which is locked. Any suggestions what the problem may be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi you will have to remove door trim to check power supplys but to me yours is working or trying to work so probalbly just requires door catch assembly teddy

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi you will have to remove door trim to check power supplys but to me yours is working or trying to work so probalbly just requires door catch assembly teddy

I have the same problem on my 1997 scenic and the same door too. I have stripped the door trim off both sides to see how its supposed to work. On the faulty door you can see the rods moving the same as the good door and the button pops up and down like it should but door jammed shut???????????????????????

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,253 Posts
dont rip the door apart until you have tried wd40'ing the lock and pulling the central locking control module (black box hanging off or near the side of the fuse box -2 connectors on it) and opening it up and making sure its clean, condensation forms on the bits in there and messes the central locking up. (use IPA isoproponal alcohol and a old tooth brush to clean both sides of the PCB)
there are other threads on here about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts