Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Girls, right is it just me but when removing the rear exhaust mount, is anybody left with a small metal circle around the exhaust mount? as i tried to remove my exhaust mount this morning to fit a new one, but once i removed it, i found it hard to fit the new one, as the hole for the exhaust to fit in was way to small. do i have to remove that excess or have i just got the wrong mount ?? i had the exhaust mount from ebay, and it said will fit any clio mk 1-3.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
If its the double up and over type the holes in the rubber are a tight fit in order to retain tension and prevent them coming off.
I usually smear the holes with washing up liquid but even then it can be a tight fit as it is intended to be.

Place a jack under the exhaust to get the locating points as close as posible. Insert one end over the exhaust pin. Wrap the ruber band over the body pin and then pull the remianing hole over the exhaust pin. The hardest part is to get it to stretch. I loop a nylon cable tie through the hole and then using a short bar or screwdriver or such bar stretch it on to the pin. Once located you can cut the cable tie off.

If you open up the holes the mount is likely to move and come off.:)

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,409 Posts
Isn't there a small bolt in the end of the mount on the pipe holding the bit you refer too that I think is a washer. ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.