Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:steam: right then, for the first time ever Iv gone to lower my back seats on my tourer... one goes fine but this being a Renault Iv got a problem with the other side... th button is continually pressed down and will not work.. the result... I cant lower the damn thing... the catch is locked in the on position... how do I get into or open the seat :steam: :steam: :steam:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've just had a similar problem with my Laguna.

You can release the catch by pushing a long thin screwdriver into the fixing slot at the rear of the seat. Hopefully you should be able to drag the release mechanism down and push the seat forward.

Once the seat is released you should be able to re-attach the button mechanism to the lever in the back of the seat. The catch in mine is plastic and had bent.

Hope this helps

:d

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Laguna Rear Seats

Are the base of the rear seats (the part you sit on) suppose to lift up / tilt forward so you can make a flat load area ? On my lag 1 phase 2 you could, but it seems not on the lag 2 phase !

Very odd !
:crazy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a lag 2002 made in september not sure if that is phase 1 or 2 but the rear seats do tilt forwards just have to put your hand down the back and give them a good pull

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Thanks Lestat,

Sounds like you have the same model as mine (lag 2 phase 1). managed to get my hand down the back and pull it (it was a bugger to get out) and I noticed the wires for the petrol sender unit, so was a bit unsure if I was meant to pull the seat forward, so quickly put it back.

Maybe its coz it was the first time I did it and was a bit worried to see the wires !! :confused: Cant remember if my lag 1 was the same though.

At least I know now.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts