Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I have just bought a pair of upgraded rear springs for my laguna 2 sports tourer ... i have not got a workshop manual .. can someone tell me how to change them over .. do i need spring compressors and does the rear springs have the shocks incorporated inside them . Or will i have to take it to a garage ....

Mant thanks in advance ..... chakota ;)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i would say that you will need spring clamps to do the job but iam not 100% on that but iam sure someone will help you soon ive never had to do a Lag and not sure if the shock is inside the spring or not but if you have never done it before and you have the tools needed iam sure you will be able to do the job i hope this helps you a little cheers

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi i would say that you will need spring clamps to do the job but iam not 100% on that but iam sure someone will help you soon ive never had to do a Lag and not sure if the shock is inside the spring or not but if you have never done it before and you have the tools needed iam sure you will be able to do the job i hope this helps you a little cheers
Thanks for that Donald .. there are one or two on here who will know , just hope they see this post ..

Cheers my friend ........ chakota ;)

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Again Donald,

Just sneaked over to a rival forum and picked up this ..

Springs are easy to replace, but you must drop both shock absorbers. Jack car, axle stand it both sills, then use trolley jack to hold axle while you undo shocks, then slowly lower jack below fixing point for shocks. Bung in springs, jack axle back up, replace shocks and bolt em in. But check bolts are torqued to correct perssure as overtightening will cause them to break and shock will drop.
:d :d :d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi Again Donald,

Just sneaked over to a rival forum and picked up this ..

Springs are easy to replace, but you must drop both shock absorbers. Jack car, axle stand it both sills, then use trolley jack to hold axle while you undo shocks, then slowly lower jack below fixing point for shocks. Bung in springs, jack axle back up, replace shocks and bolt em in. But check bolts are torqued to correct perssure as overtightening will cause them to break and shock will drop.
:d :d :d
Well hay there you go iam sure you will be able to do the job yourself and save a few pennys and i wish you luck and let us know how you get on:d

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well hay there you go iam sure you will be able to do the job yourself and save a few pennys and i wish you luck and let us know how you get on:d
Bought these springs , just hope they work .. they are supposed to stiffen rear end stop it sagging as you put load on to back of car .. Bl***y well better work cost me £170 :p :p

Thanks agin Donald for your input ;)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Bought these springs , just hope they work .. they are supposed to stiffen rear end stop it sagging as you put load on to back of car .. Bl***y well better work cost me £170 :p :p

Thanks agin Donald for your input ;)
They are supposed to have a good rep so fingers xxxxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts