Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laguna 1.9 Dci sports tourer.38000
Rear tyres have worn on the outside edge ,for about a third of the tread on both rear tyres.
There is no untoward sound from the rear end ,could this still be the notorious rear bushes.?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The rear axle is solid,so the bushes won't cause the rear tyres to wear on the edges.

There have been cases on other Renault models where the tyres have worn the same as yours,but as yet there hasn't really been an explanation given as to why they do it.One person got the rear axle changed under warranty as Renault said that it had been 'damaged when manufactured:)confused:),which really doesn't make too much sense to me!.

Even though the rear wheel alignment isn't adjustable,I'd have it checked anyway,just to make sure wether the axle is straight and true.

Just one thing,have the tyres always been on the rear,or were they swapped from the front at some stage?.They could have started to wear like that on the front,and then got put onto the rear.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your comments,the rear tyres are the original fitment,and have not been changed round.
Will have the alinment checked as suggested.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I have owned 3 renaults - 2 from new, and they have all worn the rear tyres in this diagonal fashion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts