Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just wondering if there is an easier way of getting to the wind screen washer pump etc i have been told one has to take the front bumper off
my prob is the rear washer is not working yet the pump is trying to pump i have no leaks so would think there's a blockage the pump end as have taken the rear apart
would a blast of compressed air down the rear washer nozzel help or would this make the matter worst or damage the pump
any help would be great

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Hi Peter, try locating the feed pipe to the rear jet and either disconnecting or splitting it ( you can buy a connector for pence at Halfrauds etc.). Operate the pump, if it shoots water out then your jet is blocked.
I used to live in a hard water area and it was always a problem to me. I used to use a welders set of jet cleaners to ream the cr*p out of the jet...

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Pull a wire out of a wire brush and give the jet a few pokes and maybe try some hot water into the washer bottle - never know your luck - if you can syphon out what water is already in the bottle first usually helps. Never ever use washing up liquid as an additive - get some of the proper stuff - you could also try adding some methalated spirits as it may help disolve any crud trapped in the system.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts