Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a straight answer about an Espace recall? I had a letter from Renault last summer for my 04 Espace which I eventually got round to taking to a dealer in teh autumn. He was going to order the part (it was fairly trivial apparently) and let me know. Basically I forgot about it and so it appears did he and he lost the letter. His "computer" (says no) says that there are no outstanding recalls for my Espace based on the VIN so I'm a bit confused. Has he claimed for the work from Renault or is it just some kind of admin error? I know I shouldn't have left him the letter but I guess I'll learn from this experience!

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Might be worth a quick call to Renault Customer Services with your oval plate details

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi andykippers, I agree with OG, call RCS with your oval plate details.

The reason its not outstanding may be because if they ordered the part in then it should have been done against the "O" job number, thats maybe cleared it as outstanding against your car.

The only "recalls" I remember last year were for EGR valve, Brake servo, and a software update.

Alternatively the work has maybe already been done on your car .... not unusual for the dealer to do the work when the cars in for something else.

RCS should be able to confirm.

Hope it helps :)

EDIT ... Sorry selwonk .... it should have been you I credited :0)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
I agree with OG
Sorry Mr Wonk ... most humble groveling ... it should have been you I was agreeing with in this case ... :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts