Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a remedy to a reoccuring problem with my wife`s car,a 2002 renault kangoo trekka 4x4.

She has had it for 2 years and for the past year it has had this fault.

It started off about 1 year ago revving its head off , and after switching the engine off and on a few times it seemed to clear.

Then one time it would not clear and we arranged for the car to be uplifted ( at a cost of £50 ) and delivered to the local Renault garage, who said it was a fault with the throttle.

It kept happening every time there was heavy rain or we took it to a car wash ( this may be a coincidence ,I don`t know) then about 2 months ago it was taking longer to clear and we got a mobile auto tuner to look at it. He cut all of the wires behind the steering column and soldered them , but this has not cured it as the car was playing up again last week and finally refused to start.

Instead of arranging uplift we asked the mobile tuner to restart the car which he duly did. But now the car is revving all the time and is undrivable, also the brakes seem to be inoperable, You press the brake pedal and it is solid with no braking taking place. this problem goes away when the car is running normally.

PLEASE HELP AS WE NEED TO GET THIS CAR GOING IT IS ONLY 5 YEARS OLD

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Lizzie.

I'm sure a Member will be able to assist with your post shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
recurring problems with Kangoo

Hi everyone,

I thought you would like to know the problem with the Kangoo revving and brake failure was a missing cap on the air intake valve at the top of the engine. A friend of mine used his knowledge with the AA to diagnose the problem. The car is running smoother than ever now:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts