Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a Renault Scenic II (2008).
When I turn the air flow to recirculation (circulating internal air flow), the air flow gets really weak.
For comparing, internal air flow of level 4 is weaker then external air flow of level 1.
I replaced the passenger compartment filter but it did not change anything.
Is there another filter I should look for?
What can cause such a problem?
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Sounds like the air-recirculation solenoid motor may be faulty - sorry I don't know its exact location on your model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I have a Renault Scenic II (2008).
When I turn the air flow to recirculation (circulating internal air flow), the air flow gets really weak.
For comparing, internal air flow of level 4 is weaker then external air flow of level 1.
I replaced the passenger compartment filter but it did not change anything.
Is there another filter I should look for?
What can cause such a problem?
Thank you.
Did you ever find the answer to this? As I have this same problem on my Grand Scenic 2 (2007). My car has manual button (that turns) for the re-circulation and does not have climate control.
The flap in the engine compartment seems to move fine...

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Make sure your pollen filter is fully seated and 'clipped' home as a side note when i put mine to re-circulation i get approx 5 to 10% INCREASE in airflow!! as both my 2005 scenic did this I consider normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I put mine on recirculate the flow drops off. Even on 4 it barely comes out of the vents.
Will check the filter but would have thought it would be the same in both positions.

I did wonder if something was blocking the inlet from inside the cabin, but I've no idea where the inlet is!

·
Registered
1 Posts
No solution, but I have the same problem. I’ll have a look for the actuator today and post if I find it and it resolves the issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SOLVED - I was going to write a comprehensive post but it appears that I've been beaten to it.

The good news - It's an easy fix
The bad news - You have to take the entire dashboard out to do it

Stuck to the underside of the dashboard is a piece of sound absorbing foam to reduce the noise from the fan when in re-circulating mode. This thick foam from the dashboard becomes unstuck and falls on top of the air re-circulation inlet grill blocking the intake air. Re-glue or remove foam to fix :)

For more details see Traymore's post and photos at the bottom of,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts