Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, following on from my previous post "Laguna juddering on r/h bends, this situation hasnt been resolved and seems to be gradually getting worse now and is hesitant under acceleration on the straight as well as going round bends....
Which brings me to the latest prob, decided to book it into diagnostic centre today but couldnt get booked until april 23rd, so when i returned home i decided to have a look about in the engine bay for loose multi plugs etc on filter housing etc.......
I took the air box out, cleaned it all out and checked the multiplug connection, then decided to look at the electrics around the throttle cable area. I opened up the fuse box on the inside of the left wing and checked to make sure there were pushed fully home. Then i noticed a small black box fastened to side of coolant tank. I didnt know what was in so i opened it up, and found that it houses 4 relays................So i removed them one by one, checked the pins and refitted........................NOW THE CAR WONT START, its turning freely but not even attempting to start. I noticed also that when you turn ignition on now every light (i think) comes up on the instrument cluster as per usual...but theres no sign of the glow plug light.

What are these relays....fuel pump, glow plugs ???????

Now i really am frustrated, here's hoping someone can help me out, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Hi M8 The The Realy Box With The 4 Inside Was There 2 Fuses At The Bottom?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, ive just been going over the fuses etc again, and in the engine compartment fuse box attached to the left wing, ive found a blown 30amp fuse.

Its the very end one on the right hand side, i dont know what fuse number it is and i dont have a manual to tell me what this fuse protects.

Ive already been to 2 mtr discount stores this morning but they are both shut being bank hol, so is reno dealer.
I dont want to swap another 30 amp fuse to try incase it blows that as well..
so while the agonizing wait goes on for me to get a new fuse, does anyone have a manual or know what this fuse protects.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to get hold of one of these fuses. Banged it in and now its starting.......Still dont know what the actual fuses was, must have been the fuel injection or something.

Anyway, original problem still exists so, still hopefull of some further advice.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Blown fuse

:) A blown fuse is usually the sign of an overloaded circuit - there is either a fault in whatever it supplies or a cable is touching earth. My thoughts are a chaffed cable which only touches when vehicle is turning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts