Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My nephew has a Clio RL , 1996, 5 door, manual, petrol,
1.2, which I maintain for him.
Recently, I discovered that it needs a new rear demister-heated rear window relay, the one that's found in the interior fusebox-however, the parts co. have asked me for the COLOUR of the relay, which I was hoping they would tell me!
I see some black ones, and a grey one, and the Haynes manual is unclar as to posistion and colour.

Please would you help me out?
Best wishes
sloopjohnrb

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi SloopjohnB - I've had a look through my Haynes manual for the 1994 diesel Clio and it says the heated rear window relay is number 2. (Yeh I know that's a fat lot of help) but in the picture it appears to be one on the right. On the right there are 2 relays one above the other and the one they refer to as "heated rearscreen" is the bottom one. Have you checked if current is getting to the rear screen because in the past I have seen the same symptoms where a faulty earth or connection was at fault.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Relay Race

Many thanks for your help, I can let the supplier know.

The rear demister does not seem to be getting current, obviously I've checked the fuses and also replaced a blown glovebox bulb in case the latter had a bearing on te problem.

Joseph, my nephew, uses the demister rather heavily and had the bad habit of leaving it on after the rear screen had been cleared. I've talked him out of this bad habit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts