Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anybody ever mapped their car/van or downloaded their map to send off and be done with an mpps clone from ebay?
Looking to get my van done which is a 2005 Vivaro so same as a trafic

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be fair id normally agree with you and have done with cars in the past. Just didn't think there's going to be much custom about a map on these. No mods etc to be mapped in and all the company's that come to you to do it will just upload a generic map and charge through the nose for it anyway

·
Super Moderator
13,655 Posts
Don't come crying on here when the kid with the lappy, b0gs your engine up. :frown2::frown2:
Professional mappers use a rolling road & match the map to your engine. Getting more power & economy too.
The back street boosters just up a few pressures & overstress everything, usually with generic map, downloaded off the internet.
As Mikey says, Live map.
You have been warned. :x

·
Registered
647 Posts
A tuning box might be an option. I put one on a Megane bit more grunt few extra mpg and reversible in a few minutes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't plan on coming crying anywhere to be honest I only asked a simple question guessing you haven't had any experience of it then

Tuning boxes normally just increase fueling . If I downloaded a map with an mpps I would technically have my original file anyway so could reverse that in minutes too.

Guess I'll just be the Guinea pig

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
A good re-mapper will check the engine out thoroughly before any modifications to check compatibility and ensure engine can cope

·
Registered
647 Posts
The question you asked about downloading maps to send off is like biting on plasticine and sending it off to get dentures made. The box I bought doesn't seem to add fuel, I get more miles per gallon, I have more torque lower down at 1500 instead of 1800 rpm. It's not an amazing difference but it's only a 1.5

·
Registered
647 Posts
Does the box you bought plug in the injectors/fuel rail?
Rail, I know the fuel pump is mechanical so adding an electronic device cannot increase fuel pressure, what it does is add a little extra fuel. I believe it does this by making the ECU think is colder than it is. The extra amount injected is very small. The box I got is adjustable and it came with a 30 day no quibble return policy so nothing to lose if it didn't work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
On one end of rail is usually fuel pressure sensor and on other end is fuel pressure release valve. Pressure does not depend so much on fuel pressure pump but more on release valve. So, tuning box decreases reading from fuel pressure sensor, therefore pressure valve releases at higher pressure that it would without box.
That is how I understand it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts