Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought id get round to doing those little jobs on my espace namely new bulbs in my heater controls should be simple to do ? ah but its a renault .to replace a new bulb in the back of the heater controls you have to remove the steering wheel ,headlight adjuster ,all the column shrouds ,the column stalks ,thedash clocks ,the lower dash console ,the glovebox ,the fusebox & relay board, then the whole dash ,has to be lifted off along with all the switches etc .Think i,ll stick to fumbleing in the dark for now

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
It was similar with our Vauxhall Ashtray (P reg) had to dismantle practically the whole of the dashboard to replace heater control illumination bulbs. I gave up with the cigarette lighter illumination ( never used it anyway) as that meant even more dismantling!

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you imagine if i had asked for this to be done as part of a service how many hours labour would they want for that probly end up as the most labour intensive item .just to change a pair of tiny bloody bulbs .what realy gets me is the heater controls are in a seperate moulding but youve guesed it the only way to get it off is to remove 8 screws that are all INSIDE the dash & impossible to get at unless your a contortionist thanks renault .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts