Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I have noted a rise in the "tell me" or "i need" posts that some members are posting where manners seem to have gone missing.
If asking for help or advice a please or thank-you goes a long way in encouraging other members to reply.
Please remember that the members who give out advice and tips do so freely,without reward and in their own time. So a little appreciation of that by some would be welcomed.

Manners and a bit of Patience Folks :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
A please and a thank you go a long way...even a cheers for the help.

I'm 42, still hold doors open for people, but as I get older I've noticed less people even say thank you for that. They just walk through with the attitude, so you should have it open for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Words on a page are often misinterpreted nobody means to be rude and to be fair those who reply often do it because to advise makes them feel good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
my post/reply is because I have just joined and did not know where to go in here to go to say thanks for the general welcome message I got So I have stumbled/landed here-so thanks!

hopefully at worst this is considered as stupidity rather than bad manners

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts
Hello
my post/reply is because I have just joined and did not know where to go in here to go to say thanks for the general welcome message I got So I have stumbled/landed here-so thanks!

hopefully at worst this is considered as stupidity rather than bad manners

You would never be considered as stupid for being polite Finlay..

Its nice to see someone to make the effort these days and you sir are more than welcome..

Stu

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I agree too and by saying so helps me get my posts up to 100, so I can be 'normal'.:d [it's another story...]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Before I collected the CC I trawled all over t'web to find this forum and joined up BEFORE I even got it! That way I can build up my posts, offer advice where I can and just get to know the place BEFORE anything goes wrong with the car so I would feel comfortable in asking for help.

There does seem to be a lot of people who suddenly have an issue with their car, do an internet search and get directed to here and want to know NOW how to fix it.

If that is how they want to do it - fair enough - but seems to me to be the wrong way round in doing thing in a nice way.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,257 Posts
There does seem to be a lot of people who suddenly have an issue with their car, do an internet search and get directed to here and want to know NOW how to fix it.
If that is how they want to do it - fair enough - but seems to me to be the wrong way round in doing thing in a nice way.
I think this 'instant' approach is also a reflection of the modern electronic society. It does seem that whenever someone sends a text or e-mail they do expect an 'instant' response knowing the recepient is likely to be at a PC or Smart Phone.
:(

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I'd say that the vast majority of forums gain members this way - it's primarily what they're are for. Otherwise the forums would be no more than twitter, with a bunch of folk posting the minutia of their everyday lives for eachother to read.:hurl:

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I agree too and by saying so helps me get my posts up to 100, so I can be 'normal'.:d [it's another story...]
Me to, dont no anything can make me normal. The Thanks button is there but it seems a lot of people dont know what its for. One other thing why do people ask questions on a topic but not give reply to weather they sorted the problem and how they did it. :forehead:
It Seems a lot want help but dont want to help.:mad: rant over.

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
I notice on some New Threads this evening, people are forgetting their manners, can we all start being a little more courteous on the forum to our fellow readers - I know you want answers !

You may get more if you use
Please & Thank you

Thank you

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,091 Posts
I notice on some New Threads this evening, people are forgetting their manners, can we all start being a little more courteous on the forum to our fellow readers - I know you want answers !

You may get more if you use
Please & Thank you

Thank you
Will you please thank me for the paint..:rofl: :devil:

Thankyou for my eggs..I wasn't hungry but thanks anyway..:d

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
Will you please thank me for the paint..:rofl: :devil:

Thankyou for my eggs..I wasn't hungry but thanks anyway..:d
Thank you for my paint, i did'nt want any but Thank you anyway...:d

I would not eat those eggs as they were rotton laid by Scenic 11 earlier :rofl:

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
this is not pun as I have said a many thanks too the members of this forum many times as they have saved me thousands of pounds. and still do..

but thanks :d

ps you can click thanks below if you appricate there advise and that's all it takes.. ow and cake .. like a big cream cake. .. or even a guiness.. but the thanks button will suffice :driving:

as mentioned on this thread all these peeps answer you to help you but they don't live inside your pc and they don't always live in your time zone.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts