Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people i have a 97 p reg laguna when i got it i didint take much notice of the locking but anyway it wont remote lock i have to unlock the drivers door and then pop the other locks using the centre lock button by the handbrake i have tried replacing the batteries and holding it to the reciever but not working any one got any ideas

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
you can see if teh key is sending a signal by pointing the ir transmitter in the key towards and mobilephone camera and if you press the button whilst looking at the ir transmitter led if it flashes white on the phone cameras screen then it is sending out a signal. If not then the transmitter led is known to snap the legs off itself inside the key. These can easily be resoldered onto the circuit board inside the key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if the board is damaged can i just take it out and replace it or does it have to be reprogrammed also do you know if disconnectig the battery and reconnectig it would work to reset the keyfob iv tried allsorts like replacing the fuse im not sure if it uses a relay and cant find it cant think wat else it would be

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi had the same problem with my laguna,
if you press centrol locking console button and hold for 5-10 seconds it should lock then unlock whilst still holding it down, click the remote blip close to the reciever this should program the blip back into sync with the transmitter,
hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts