Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to do something as simple as replace the drivers side sidelight on my Lag is turning into a major hassle, well not that major but you know what it's like!

Passenger side is easy as there is space to remove the bulbs from their sockets/clips from the back of the unit. The drivers side, however, has no space whatsoever as there is the power steering fluid reservoir in the way. Try as I may to get my hand in there and get the bulb out I cannot.

Question is, how do I retract the headlamp unit to do it this way. My haynes manual only shows how to remove headlamp unit from Mk1 Phase 1 Lag. not a Phase 2.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't fancy stripping the car down to it's origins so with a bit of F'ing and blinding I managed to somehow get the darn bulb out of its socket. I made sure the bulb actually worked before I put it back in place as well, learnt that lesson before.;)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Didn't fancy stripping the car down to it's origins so with a bit of F'ing and blinding I managed to somehow get the darn bulb out of its socket. I made sure the bulb actually worked before I put it back in place as well, learnt that lesson before.;)

Lovely marked hand to remind you now eh

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't really need to hunt them though do you, they're everywhere!

Tell ya what though, came up against a kid in his mid twenties (I'd say) yesterday along our local coast road in a modified 3 series with the most rediculous drift wing on the rear and must have left him with an incredulous look on his face, couldn't really tell coz I was half way to cornwall by the time he had actually left the lights......

.......so yes, I'm still getting a kick out of the new motor and am sure I will continue to do so for many a time yet.:d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Don't really need to hunt them though do you, they're everywhere!

Tell ya what though, came up against a kid in his mid twenties (I'd say) yesterday along our local coast road in a modified 3 series with the most rediculous drift wing on the rear and must have left him with an incredulous look on his face, couldn't really tell coz I was half way to cornwall by the time he had actually left the lights......

.......so yes, I'm still getting a kick out of the new motor and am sure I will continue to do so for many a time yet.:d

:d Enjoy but take care now...:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Don't you find the petrol tanker which you have to tow around with you slows you down a little?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't you find the petrol tanker which you have to tow around with you slows you down a little?:rolleyes:
It's not actually as bad as you might think. Obviously if I were screaming away from every junction, light etc then I'd definately need the services of that personal tanker.

When I drove her back from Wales on Sunday I was averaging about 34mpg. Admittedly that has dropped to about 24mpg since then but I've only used just over a quarter of a tank in the last three days and most of that has been used driving in town. If that type of usage is ongoing then I'd be quite happy to fill her up every week and a half costing me about £120 a month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts