Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under mysterious circumstances, the lid of the dashtop storage box on the drivers side in our Modus will no longer close. It opens freely but gives a springy resistance at the point where it used to close.

I've had a bit of a poke and pull at it without much success and it seems to me that the problem is with whatever mechanism in the hinge is supposed to provide the resistance to keep the lid shut, I suspect there's something bent/popped or misaligned in there.

Having felt under the hinge I found what feels like two metal spring clips and when I cleared the box I found two plastic caps which seem to belong to the front edges of those clips.

I don't want to apply too much pressure anywhere until I know how it's supposed to come off.

Could anyone provide guidance for the proper procedure to remove/replace the lid from the box without breaking the hinge entirely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I removed my storage box for the same fault, it is held in with snap clips so be careful when removing, carefully lift one corner and you can then see where the clips are. when removed you will see that the spring clips have bent and are not holding the lid shut, I bent mine until it shut correctly then replaced, just be careful when opening not to open too wide!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.