Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to take off the inner passenger door panel on my Megane Scenic - the bracket holding the window to the electric motor unit has broken. However, I can't find a way of removing the bottom part of the panel - it seems to be held firmly in place and I can't see any more screws or fastenings. Any suggestions gratefully recived!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Renault scenic 1.6DCi on an 05 plate.
Have removed most of the screws - it's just the bottom part of the panel which still seems to be fixed in place.
Cheers,
david

·
Registered
85 Posts
Remove screw for window switch housing, also screw behind cover of door handle. remove speaker grill and remove two screws on spreaker, unclip speaker and remove. One screw along bottom..

Now carefully pry away fabric part of door cover, behing it, roughly in the centre there is a white plastic supprort bar which is secured with one screw which you need to undo.

Then the carfully pry away the to edges of the plastic panel and then lift upwrds as the bottom is on plastic hooks.

Hope this helps, I have had mine off for a while and I stilll cant seem to get the electric window working properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. Managed to get the panel off eventually - I think the problem at first was we were being too careful - it required a bit of brute force to separate the two sections and to remove them! The window problem we'd had - dropped passenger window - was caused by a broken clip, which was dealt with elsewhere in this forum. Got replacement clips and fitted one - that was hard work as I could get one end of the cable into one side of the clip - the other cable then seemed about half an inch too short to reach the other side of the clip! However, a mechanic friend managed it by forcing the white 'pulley' type clip at the end of the motor assembly - more brute force required! Thanks again for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts