Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an intermittent misfire under partial throttle and at idle for a while. Replaced the lambda sensor and seemed to be ok but, then the cabling fell down and dragged along the road for a while breaking it.

When my wiring fell down onto the road and I lost a section which was plugged in between the main loom and the Lambda sensor, like an extension piece. I still have the plug on the loom and the plug on the Lambda and they plug into each other ok but it has not resolved the problem. Without the extension I don’t know if the wiring is correct and may still be causing the problem?

On the loom side plug there is:
A-Yellow (Goes to injection module, injection switch and injection locking relay)
B-Black (Goes to fuel injection ECU, earth and throttle position sensor)
C-Red (Goes to fuel injection ECU)

The lambda side plug there is:
A-Black (Signal wire?)
B-White (Heater wire?)
C-White (Heater wire?)

I am thinking that the Lambda Black wire might need to be moved in the plug and connect to either the Red or Black wires on the loom, but I do not know.

Hope someone might know or could check their wiring?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
I'm not expert on this, but hope this helps...

If your lambda has one red wire, with the possible exception of some Japanese vehicles, it will be a Titania sensor (these come in 2 thread sizes).

The wires on that are as follows:

Black Ref. (out)
Red Ref. (in) and Heater (+)
White Heater (-)

If the sensor, however, has black, grey, purple or white wires, it will be a Zirconia sensor and the plug you have seems to be from one of these.

On a three wire Zirconia type sensor, the wires are as follows:

Black - Signal
White - Heater
White - Heater

Not sure if this is what you wanted or not, but hope it kind of helps.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
On second checking, I couldn't find any lambdas with only the three wires that you describe... seems like you should have four wires and the white (heater wire) is missing on the sensor side and grey on the plug side. Something's not right though as the wires should be same colour unless the sensor was replaced with a universal one and the original plug cut and soldered on

See here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts