Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm the mechanic for my son's Renault 5 - a 1.4 1985 (B-Reg) automatic model - and it's going great. Except that the engine electrics warning light occasionally comes on and seems to put the car into 'limp' mode. There seems to be no pattern to it, hot or cold, stationary, slow or fast, night or day. :confused:

I've searched this forum and the internet in general with no great success. The Haynes manual doesn't provide specific help either, so I'm at a loss on what to do next. The manual mentions a diagnostic plug, but I couldn't find it. Is there a diagnostic plug somewhere and could/should a Renault garage be able to diagnose using it? The car is so old it probably precedes most computers... Or is there a known regular fix for this that's so obvious nobody bothers to mention it? :)

I'm happy to do the repair once I found out what is (or it thinks is) wrong, but replacing things at random is perhaps not the best approach!

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ian

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Ianro.

I'm sure someone with a more technical knowledge than I will be able to assist with your post shortly.

Regards
Ottoman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts