Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three months of owning a Laguna Tourer 2.0 16v Privilege, the car is going to be sold.

What a heap of French doo doo.

I had a Rover 45 before the Laguna, and in three years I never once had a problem. The laguna is a big heap of cr*p and anyone buying needs their heads looked at. Will never buy another Renault again.

Allan

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
A rather sweeping statement, I would agree some Renaults have posed a problem for their owners but to condem a brand due to owing 1 vehicle seems harsh, There are many Members on this Forum who have had no problems with their Renault.

I think it is also poor manners to insult any owners of any marque.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Fair comment Ottoman - but a Rover - last time Iwas in one it drove like a bucket and the doorhandles wern't much better than the on a bucket either .:rofl: If you think Renault shave window winder problems you ought to see the probs with the Rovers.But everyone to their own I say - isn't it great we have the choice nowadays. Addditionally I also believe it depends very much on how a car is driven and maintained. I have been driving forover 40 years and have never had to fit a clutch to any car I've owned - maybe I'm just careful that's all. One of local Taxi drivers has a Laguna with 180 K miles and he loves it - still on its original clutch too. So hopefully my comments gives both sides of the debate.

I want a Rover (Bark! Bark!):)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Oh dear ruralscotland. As otto states, it's a rather sweeping statement.

I have had three cars since I learnt to drive, the first being a Rover which died after four months and was econimically unviable to repair.

I have had two Renault Laguna's since then and yes they've had their problems, which is part and parcel of buying second hand and even from new sometimes, but they have never actually broken down - touch wood;) .

Moral of the story, it's the cars that let you down not the badge:rolleyes: .

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
I've owned a variety of cars, I used to only buy british, Triumphs were my thing then minis. Both had there problems, minis in the rain - fancy a brit company putting electrics at the front of the engine. Fords - had a couple, engines were good for 80k then kaput.

I recently drove a new Mazda and thought it well made but boring.

Sometimes we are lucky, sometimes not, thats when forums such as this are so helpfull.

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
No Comment on Rovers ;) :)

I have had many problems with my laguna but would still love the brand new one, however I think maybe my next car will not be a renault, maybe in a few years time when they sort out any teething problems with the new ones I might get another one, I do like them but financially maybe better for me to try something else for a few years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts