Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand Renault provide authorised repairers with a guide (booked time) on how long a job takes.

As anyone got access to this?

I'm interested in knowing what it says to replace the front nearside lower arm known as the wishbone on a laguna II, 2001 model?

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Richard

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
I had mine replaced for £40 at a local garage, (not Renault)

If it needs replacing because of a worn ball joint this is unnecessary. There is now a ball joint kit available very cheaply, the old ball joint is taken off and this replaces it.

I don't think Renault provide this service they have to practically remove the front axle to fit a new wishbone.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Renault book times are readily available through Autodata.(either their website or their books/discs).

Davesss is right though,Renault only supply new wishbones which involve having to drop the front subframe,but aftermarket seperate joints are availabe which take about half the time to fit.:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was advised by renault that they can now just replace the ball joint which involves drilling out the rivits as the new kit comes with bolts.

To replace the arm they said 1.5 hrs and the ball joint 1 hr.

The reason I ask is another authorised repairer said the book time is 3 hrs and last year charged me £300 to do the offside. I have just had the nearside side done by another authorised renault garage and the car was ready to pick up in 1.5 hrs. The garage said it's a very simple job and takes 1.5hrs maximum, apparently you remove 3/4 bolts and drop the subframe. I was charged £146.

Seems some garages charge the book time rather than the actual time which is a rip off and they won't be getting my business again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts