Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate is looking for a Renault Captur but prefers the electric handbrake all he has seen is the manual handbrake fitted, is the electric handbrake also fitted to this model at any time:wink2:

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,279 Posts
Going through latest brochures it is not an option or standard feature.
So doubt it was ever fitted.
Hill start assist is available, keeps the brakes on for 2 seconds while driver tries to work out why they are not moving :grin2:
Auto parking, cameras, just about every gimmick you can think of but no EPB.
And rear brakes are drums.

Personally I reckon he's dodged a bullet but if that is what he wants, it don't look like he's getting it

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going through latest brochures it is not an option or standard feature.
So doubt it was ever fitted.
Hill start assist is available, keeps the brakes on for 2 seconds while driver tries to work out why they are not moving :grin2:
Auto parking, cameras, just about every gimmick you can think of but no EPB.
And rear brakes are drums.

Personally I reckon he's dodged a bullet but if that is what he wants, it don't look like he's getting it
Thanks for the info,why i was querying it as I saw an advert for a spare epb for a Captur which like you after searching for the info it wasn't fitted with an epb so there might be a few knocking around with it fitted with it:wink2:

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
I know I'm late to this thread but I thought I would hitch a ride since I am looking at a Captur myself. It is time for the Scenic to go. It's getting a bit tired and creaky but mostly the missus wants something a bit smaller. Only two of us and the dogs. The Scenic has served us well and is probably in as good mechanical condition as it was when we bought it five years ago, but being let down by the gearbox a couple of months ago was a real shock to the system, particularly as the problem was more software related than mechanical. I wouldn't feel too happy about driving it across Europe again. A mechanical failure can be fixed. A software failure keeps you thinking. Best thing I like about the Captur is the "normal" handbrake. Really miss one of those even if I am too old for handbrake turns now. It also has START/STOP which I really hate, so that will be turned off every time. So why am I buying another Renault with mysterious French electrics? Not sure. Having the diagnostic gear helps, but also (and don't tell anyone) I like the people on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts