Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives a Cleo 2004 MKII Yesterday she stopped and then could not restart. The key did nothing and a fast flashing light on the dash. Someone helped her and I suggested that they remove the battery terminal for five minutes. Then the engine would turn over for about five times and then stop. I came on the scene and removed the battery terminal again with the key in the ignition and it started. Drove it home then it would not start again. Left the car for an hour and then it started. Anyone know what the problem is. I have had several renault cleo's that do the same thing now and then. She also sometimes the coil light comes on and then looses power. You then have to pull over and wait and restart. Then ok. Someone said if she starts the car straight away this will occure. So she has to put the key in the ignition turn the key until the dash lights come on then wait until the maintenace light goes out then start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi mate i worked for renault and the flashing red light indicates a problem which the transponder chip in your key. i would try your spare key if the problem is still there i would replace your transponder ring which is around your ignition barrel. hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would removing the battery terminal change the condition to at least enabling the motor to turn over, and why would the condition change when you just leave the car for a hour and the problem goes away? It has not happened again.She has used the car for a few days now without a problem. I had the same problem on my daughters car. I would of thought it was something to do with the software in the management system that is detecting a false condition. Do they ever update software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Renault Cleo MKII will not idling

Mostly when cold the Cleo will not idle. Is this electrical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts