Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum iam sure someone will help soon ive not seen anyone one recently with new car clutch problems but i may be wrong

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & welcome to the Forums,

In what way are you encoutering problems with your clutch.

What year and engine size is your Clio.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
As Chris said, if your car is under warranty then get on to the dealer, as this should be sorted under the warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car has done just over 21000 miles in its first year, which the dealer says is excessive and hence is not covered under warranty as it is just wear and tear. Is this right? I had bought a diesel car because of the amount of travelling I do and it seems a costly move as they are charging in the region og £1300.00 for the repair.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I dont know if the warranty is milage based, I just thought that it was a three year warranty, however 21000miles would still equal only 7000miles over three years so what would they say if it were to fail just before the three years were up, would they consider that to be excessive?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello & welcome to the Forums,

In what way are you encoutering problems with your clutch.

What year and engine size is your Clio.

Regards

Ottoman
My car is only a year old, 06 plate. Just failed to engage into any gear at a busy island whilst driving. By the time I managed to stop and check the problem, I was advised that the clutch had burnt out. Renault dealer said this was not covered by warranty as the milage was too high for a year old car (21000 miles) regardless of the fact that I had given the amount of milage I do in a year as 24000 miles/ year. It is a 1.4 dci.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know if the warranty is milage based, I just thought that it was a three year warranty, however 21000miles would still equal only 7000miles over three years so what would they say if it were to fail just before the three years were up, would they consider that to be excessive?
I did not think it was, I wanted to speak with the warranty people but could not get anyone to tell me who they were because customer services said they could not give me the information. Later found out that it is renault themselves but still could not get anyone to contact. Any suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts