Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the best oil for my car model would be and if anyone has any reccomendations? :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hope you haven't done the oil change yet...!

Best Oil for a Clio 1.2 16V is 10W40. 0W30 finds nooks and crannies and it leaks out of them; 10W40 is thicker, so it doesn't leak anywhere...and the engine runs smoother too.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Hi would you use semi synthetic ?????.....just bought a 1.2 16v (03)for my daughter and was gonna service it.......whilst i,m here how much would a non main dealer charge for a cam belt change....assuming it is belt????

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,315 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
For D4F after the engine passes the 80.000/90.000 miles begins to consume oil ? Something like 1.3 litres at 6300 miles ?
Is this a bad habit for this engine to consume a lot of oil after passing by a relative small mileage (80,000 miles?!)

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,315 Posts
For D4F after the engine passes the 80.000/90.000 miles begins to consume oil ? Something like 1.3 litres at 6300 miles ?
Is this a bad habit for this engine to consume a lot of oil after passing by a relative small mileage (80,000 miles?!)
80k miles is quite high..oil for your D4f should be 10w 40..I used total in my D4f engines..but now I have the Dacia Tce it could be Elf or Total to renault spec..5w 40..:)

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,315 Posts
And your D4F start to eat a lot of oil after 80.000 miles?
None of them got to 8k in my ownership..:d could be valve stem oil seals or piston rings/bore wear..regular oil and filter changes can go some way in helping this..but generally if you are using thin oil it will burn quicker..but your is acceptable if you live in cold climates.. 0w is winter rating for coldest starts..:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
This engine is known for failing or a blocked PCV valve to cause oil to be sucked into the inlet manifold so I suggest you check that aspect.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts