Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i own i 1999 1.2 8v clio (d7f) its done 104 000 miles and i changed the cambelt myself at around 100 000 miles, my dad tensioned the belt by twisting it and guessing (he is an experianced mechanic) recently the car has been squeaking at idle, the sqeak instantly stops when the throttle is even light pressed.

when the problem first came up i took of the auxillery belt and the problem persisted so i assumed its the canbellt with my dads help i took all the ocvers of the cambelt including the engine mount and slackend the cambelt slighlty and then ran the engine sitting on the jack! at first it seemed to be fixed and then it started again. no a thousand miles on or so the sqeekings got worse anyone got an ideas? should i have the cambelt properly tensionsed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would and engine mount making a constant sqeeking noise the noise is non stop and sound like a slipping fan belt but quieter. i did think it could be the water pump?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no updates yet. been away from home for quite awhile so have had little time to investigate. will be moving back home in 2 weeks and will then be able to have access to my tools and stuff. atm im just driving it and praying nothing breaks! i will post once i have fitted a new water pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts