Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renault Clio 1.2 8v d7f engine

This has probably been asked loads of times I’m looking for Pcv valve location I have looked everywhere can’t find it

if Anyone has any photos would be great

thanks

·
Super mod..
29,178 Posts
Howdy Spike.. this might help..

Is this your engine maybe be 2 versions of the 8v.. undecided on that

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there sorry for delayed response no that’s Different to mine

I have a pipe that sits on the bottom of my air box tube that pipe then goes into the engine when I received the car that pipe wasn’t connected and full of white sludge cleaned and replaced looked and white sludge still there but gone into my air box tube and now I have an oil leak from the back of the engine

·
Super mod..
29,178 Posts
Have a feeling that its the same but without all the air filter and manifolds etc fitted..Where exactly is the oil leak..is it low down where the breather hose leaves the engine..I think it was probably disconnected because crank case pressure was building up and by disconnecting it stopped the pressure build up.. thinking here that if the PVC is in the cam cover as with the other version of the engine [ pic I put up ] to get to that is quite a strip down..if it doesnt go to the cam cover it will be going to the air filter housing.. what I would do if the car was mine ..would probably go the catch can route and renewing the hose right from the bottom of the engine..clear away as much of the muck as possible and do an oil and filter change and then install the catch can.. beauty of the system is that you can remove the can periodically and empty it with out the cr4p entering the engine at all ..if there is a pipe entering the cam cover or filter housing from the old system then simply retain a section of pipe refit it to the cam cover with one end blocked by a bolt and jubilee clip.. pipe going to the cam cover or filter housing is obviously blocked up if its there and not helping the situation one bit..if you wish to retain the original system then it will mean a strip down total clean including the cam cover and refit new hoses..all of course after an oil and filter change..

Just come across this useful thread and why I now think this is your engine..and now made it a sticky..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had a look and right underneath the air box it’s leaking there so I think it’s the rocker cover gasket I’m gonna need to change the gasket anyway is there a way to clean the valve in the crank case or is it a new cover job

I wouldn’t know where to start with a catch can not all that great with cars

thanks

·
Super mod..
29,178 Posts
Just had a look and right underneath the air box it’s leaking there so I think it’s the rocker cover gasket I’m gonna need to change the gasket anyway is there a way to clean the valve in the crank case or is it a new cover job

I wouldn’t know where to start with a catch can not all that great with cars

thanks
OK forget the catch can..no problem..if you get the cam cover off then I would try some engine cleaner first off..have a look on you tube for vids and have a google to see what the best to use..I would imagine that after all this time its going to be pretty well blocked and if it were a garage doing the job they would be using a parts washer and hot clean..in your case a chemical and pressure washer or a steamer might do the job but its going to be messy..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I have stripped it out tonight it looks like it has had previous temporary fix on the rocker cover before as one of the bolts was caked in plastic weld and

on inspection of the rocker cover where the pipe goes in the plastic on the inside is very brittle and just braking away.

don’t know if it’s worth getting a new rocker cover or just second hand

·
Super mod..
29,178 Posts
Yeah I have stripped it out tonight it looks like it has had previous temporary fix on the rocker cover before as one of the bolts was caked in plastic weld and

on inspection of the rocker cover where the pipe goes in the plastic on the inside is very brittle and just braking away.

don’t know if it’s worth getting a new rocker cover or just second hand
Get second hand Spike..new will be expensive and I know for a fact how expensive the 1.2 16v ones are..seems you have done well against the weather as well stripping it down.. (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah while I was there I had to do spark plugs and thermostat and temp switch so not to bad got dark to quick will finish it of tomorrow

mine is only 1.2 8valve. It’s plastic cam over not aluminium don’t know if you know the price of one of them

·
Super mod..
29,178 Posts
Yeah while I was there I had to do spark plugs and thermostat and temp switch so not to bad got dark to quick will finish it of tomorrow

mine is only 1.2 8valve. It’s plastic cam over not aluminium don’t know if you know the price of one of them
Dont know the price of new buddy but if you want I will have a looksee and see if I can find out if I can find the part number..what year is yours

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah would be great if you can iv tried looking usual places like euro car parts and gsf parts don’t know the website for Renault parts

·
Super mod..
29,178 Posts
Could I have a pic of your cover please..7700864624 is one part number I found but not sure if its what you need.. google that part number and see what come up for you..

·
Super mod..
29,178 Posts
Thanks for that..only ones I seem to be finding are aluminium ones and not plastic..wonder if this is year related. And later had these over alloy ones..another question is the alloy one identical to the plastic one.. dont know on that one..

Edit>>>>>> now found a new part number 8200633974 checked ebay and its plastic..

·
Super mod..
29,178 Posts

this one is sound ..last one I showed had damage to it..

·
Super mod..
29,178 Posts
That’s perfect thank you will have another search around abit pricy for second hand

Ok buddy..thats second hand so can only imagine what a new one would cost..

good luck spike..keep me in the loop..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts